Brite Valley Aquatic Recreation Area
Brite Lake is now open for overnight camping. For reservations call the camp host at 661.221.2832
View/download Brite Lake Map & Info brochure(1.52 MB)
Owned by the Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District and operated by the Tehachapi Valley Recreation & Park District, the Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area is located amongst some of Tehachapi’s most beautiful natural scenery. In addition to year-round recreation including camping, fishing, hiking and wildlife viewing, Brite Lake is also the site of TVRPD’s Fishing Derby, Astronomy Club Star Parties, and other regional events!
The park offers both RV campground hook-ups and tent sites, as well as restrooms with showers. Picnic pavilions, fish cleaning stations and a dock are available all year long.
- Camping/RV Fees include one passenger vehicle access per site, per day. Additional vehicles require daily vehicle access/parking fees.
- For camp site reservations, please contact the camp host at 661-221-2832.
Walk In Free non-camp user Motorized Vehicle $5.00 per day (passenger car, truck, or motorcycle) $20.00 per day (passenger bus) $125.00 Annual Pass $75.00 Annual Senior Pass (62 and older) $25.00 Replace a lost or stolen Brite Lake annual pass Anglers 16 years of age and older must possess a valid California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fishing License. Boat Launch $5.00 per day $35.00 Annual Pass Additional $1 fee for all credit or debit card transactions. No refunds. No gasoline engines. Electric motors only. Annual Passes available at the Brite Lake Kiosk and TVRPD District Office, 490 West "D" Street, (661) 822-3228 ( directions )
Annual passes are non-refundable and expire December 31. Permits must be visibly displayed on permit holders vehicle. TVRPD does not provide prorated passes.
Group Pavilion Rentals
All Group Pavilions $75.00/day reservation fee + $75.00 cleaning deposit
Includes entry fees for up to 25 vehicles. More than 25 will be additional $5 entry per car.
Pavilion reservations and payment of fees must be made at least two weeks in advance at the TVRPD District Office, 490 West D Street, (661) 822-3228 ( directions ).
* Check out time is 12:00 noon. * Campers are allowed to stay 21 days consecutively, proceeded by a 7-day break * Maximum days in a calendar year to camp is 42 days * Maximum per camp site: 2 tents, or 1 tent and 1 RV, plus 2 cars * 3 licensed, domesticated animals per site. Pets must be leashed at all times. Clean up after pets. * No dump stations available at Brite Lake.
Dump stations are available at:
Mountain Valley RV Park, 16334 Harris Rd.
Love’s Travel Stop, 2000 E Tehachapi Blvd.
Overnight $ 30.00/night Spaces 7-18: Electric & water hookups. $ 40.00/night Spaces 1-6: Full service electric, water & sewer. $ 50.00/night Spaces 34-35: Family tent sites. Tent Camping $ 25.00/night Spaces 19-33 & 36-48 Day Use Fee $ 5.00 For non-camp users
Our camp hosts take camp site reservations by phone, collect fees from park users, keep the bathrooms clean, pick up litter, and perform light grounds maintenance. Phone at the lake is 661-221-2832 — 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Pay all use fees prior to entering Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area.
- Vehicular traffic is confined to designated roads. Speed limit is 10 MPH.
- Parking is limited to designated areas only.
- Off Highway Vechicle use strictly prohibited.
- Posession of firearms and weapons strictly prohibited.
- Quiet time is 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM.
- Camp fires are confined to camp fire rings.
- Camp Hosts available 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (unless otherwise posted).
- Swimming and/or bodily contact with lake water is prohibited.
- Anglers 16+ must possess a valid California Department of Fish & Wildife Fishing License.
Fish (bag) limit
5 trout per person per day,
Catch and release bass,
OR 5 catfish per person per day
Map & Directions