Gym Supervisor / Event Staff
Under the direction of the Recreation Manager, Gym Supervisor / Event Staff performs a variety of professional duties related to the successful implementation of recreational programs, event supervision and facility management.
Minimum Wage - $17.00 per hour
- Position: Gym Supervisor / Event Staff
- Category: Seasonal
- Reports To: Recreation Manager
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are an overview of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position and do not constitute an all-inclusive list.
- Consistently promote a positive, professional image of the District and provide excellent customer service at all times; provides information and assistance to participants and the public;
- Direct on-site supervision and logistics of assigned programs, activities and events;
- Direct program staff and participants;
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of athletic and recreation programs and events to include scheduled site visits, handling and resolving complaints, appropriation of program materials and supplies,
- Monitor employee and volunteer professionalism;
- Sweeps and clears entrance spaces, daily.
- Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as specified in schedule.
- Performs other cleaning duties as specified in schedule.
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers.
- Changes light bulbs, as needed.
- Collects and bags all garbage from the center, placing the tied bags in a closed dumpster.
- Disinfects and cleans garbage and trashcans, and changes bags daily.
- Washes and sanitizes bathrooms’ fixtures daily with germicidal solution.
- Using germicidal solution, wet mops all washable floors daily including kitchen, bathroom, office and classroom.
- Washes bathroom, kitchen, classroom and other windows (inside and outside) and walls using germicidal solution as scheduled or needed.
- Vacuums all carpeting daily.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment; ensure the security and safety of recreational facilities;
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment; distributes supplies and equipment;
- Report accidents and unsafe conditions as they occur to the Recreation Manager.
- Possess a positive attitude, and be a self starter;
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certified or willingness to obtain in three (3) months;
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
- Successful practices and knowledge of principals, rules and procedures of organized competitive sports, athletic and recreational programs;
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 55 pounds.
- Perform work activities that include lifting, carrying, and moving objects; walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing; reading and communicating with others in writing and orally.
- Work environments include:
- Indoor environment; and
- Outdoor environmental conditions
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and multiple shifts when needed.
- Possess personal qualifications including emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with various organizations, respect for children and adults from various cultures and backgrounds, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
- Use of protective equipment per OSHA/CalOSHA regulations is required.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
Minimum Wage - $17.00 per hour
Employment offer contingent on satisfactory SSCI Background check and DMV check.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a TVRPD employment application(1000 KB) and resume to Ashley Krempien, Recreation Supervisor.
Candidates may submit required materials in person at:
TVRPD District Office (view map/directions)
490 West D Street
Tehachapi, CA 93561
By email: email@example.com