Under the general supervision of the Facility Supervisor, the Camp Host performs a variety of volunteer services at the Brite Lake Campground facility, including, but not limited to the provision of customer service and vehicle compliance information, campground and facility inspections, light janitorial duties, and encouraging campground rules and regulations compliance. The Camp Host is a volunteer position with an average of 25 hours weekly schedule. Camp Host agreements are issued for a minimum of six (6) months and not-to-exceed twelve (12) months, or as negotiated between parties.
- Provides positive public relations, customer information and assistance within the Brite Lake Campground and associated facilities:
- Greet and assist visitors
- Assist with online reservations
- Disseminate Brite Lake rules and regulations
- Distribute campground/lake maps and brochures
- Provide directions and facility information as requested by visitors
- Follows and completes the District’s light cleaning schedule as assigned by the Operation Manager to include:
- Collection and removal of garbage bags and/or litter from campsite and lake areas
- Disinfects and cleans trashcans, and changes bags as scheduled or needed
- Washes and sanitizes bathrooms fixtures daily with germicidal solution
- Sweeps and clears entrance spaces daily
- Dusts, washes, and sanitizes other surfaces as specified in schedule.
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers
- Performs other light maintenance duties as specified by the Operation Manager
- Reports the following to the Facility Supervisor, or designated staff person:
- Any violation of TVRPD ordinances, rules and regulations involving injuries/accidents, property damages, theft, repeated violations, or incidents requiring law enforcement and/or emergency medical service response.
- Presence of problematic animals, vermin, or insects.
- Need for cleaning supplies or equipment repair in advance.
- Water leaks, electrical issues, and other maintenance needs.
- All other health and safety hazards noticed.
- Participates in emergency drills and environmental safety activities, as requested.
- Performs other duties as specified in TVRPD volunteer addendum or as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of volunteer services. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Core Competencies and Skill Sets
- Knowledge of proper campground organization, cataloging, cleaning and maintenance methods required, or willing to learn.
- Effective oral and written communication skills commensurate with the responsibilities of the position are required.
- Knowledge and understanding of successful organization and execution of sanitary practices.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to learn and comprehend information from Procedures Manuals and other materials.
- Ability to function successfully within a team environment.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a positive and courteous manner.
- Ability to present a positive image of the organization to members of the community.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Communicate effectively.
- Adhere to TVRPD core values and principles.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage work with limited direct supervision.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative with competent analytical and problem-solving skills within established guidelines.
- Ability to operate effectively with park patrons, work in a flexible, adaptable, and resilient manner.
- Willingness to perform manual tasks requiring physical exertion.
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills/approaches.
- Understand, read, and follow instructions.
Education, Training, & Experience
- Prefer High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous Camp Host experience highly desirable.
Licenses and Certificates
- Valid Driver’s License: driving record must comply with District safety standards.
- Personal vehicle insurance.
- CPR certified or williness to obtain in three (3) months.
- Red Cross First Aid certified or willingness to obtain in (3) months.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Perform work activities that include lifting, carrying, and moving objects; walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing; reading and communicating with others in writing and orally.
- Work environments include:
- Indoor office environment; and
- Outdoor environmental conditions regardless of weather conditions.
- Possess personal qualifications including emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with various organizations, respect for children and adults from various cultures and backgrounds, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
- Use of protective equipment per OSHA/Cal OSHA regulations is required.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
- Volunteer Camp Host must utilize the TVRPD Camp Host RV site, to include electrical, propane, water, and sewer hook-up.
- Volunteer status is contingent on satisfactory DMV and DOJ background check, including fingerprinting.
How To Apply