Essential Job Functions
The following duties are an overview of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position and do not constitute an all-inclusive list.
- Consistently promote a positive, professional image of the District and provide excellent customer service at all times; provides information and assistance to participants and the public.
- Knowledge of National Federation of State High School Association rules and mechanics as well as municipal league rules, regulations and by-laws.
- Direct program staff and participants.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of athletic and recreation programs and events to include scheduled site visits, handling and resolving complaints, appropriation of program materials and supplies.
- Monitor employee and volunteer professionalism.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment; ensure the security and safety of recreational facilities.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment; distributes supplies and equipment.
- Report accidents and unsafe conditions as they occur to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Possess a positive attitude, and be a self-starter.
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certified or willingness to obtain in three (3) months.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
- Successful practices and knowledge of principals, rules and procedures of organized competitive sports, athletic and recreational programs.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Ability to lift 55 pounds.
- Perform work activities that include lifting, carrying, and moving objects; walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing; reading and communicating with others in writing and orally.
- Work environments include:
- Indoor environment; and
- Outdoor environmental conditions
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and multiple shifts when needed.
- Possess personal qualifications including emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with various organizations, respect for children and adults from various cultures and backgrounds, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
- Use of protective equipment per OSHA/CalOSHA regulations is required.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
Minimum Wage-$17.00 per hour DOE.
Employment offer contingent on satisfactory SSCI Background check and DMV check.
How To Apply